Structure Theme Package
Proposal and specification to build a debian-package for all the theme stuff for easy installation via apt.
This idea is being built since 2008, was designed by artists who love debian, but do not know how to package a theme.
In 2010, we are again facilitating discussion about the contributions of artists to the debian project. Makes it easy to customize the desktop.
Paul Wise proposal multiple themes for wheezy (next release Debian).
There is an implementation by Ulrich Hansen called desktop-theme-kit but it isn't in Debian yet.
- Easy installation and customization of new themes
- Unique adaptations to different environmental ( netbook, work, desktop, studio, edu... )
- Collection of local themes and other release ( theme-buzz, theme-lenny, theme-squeeze, theme-brdesktop, theme-debianedu... )
- Be easy for new artists to contribute.
Name of theme packages
I wrote an initial proposal in this style:
meta-pkg: theme-<name theme>_<release>_all.deb
packages: <app>-theme-<name theme>_<release>_all.deb  suggest by Sune Vuorela.
Example: theme-spacefun_1.0_all.deb support:
- base-theme-spacefun_1.0_all.deb - backgrounds, styles, confs...
- gdm-theme-spacefun_1.0_all.deb - package to gdm theme
- kdm-theme-spacefun_1.0_all.deb - packge to kdm theme
- usplash-theme-spacefun_1.0_all.deb - uspash theme
- cursor-theme-spacefun_1.0_all.deb - cursors theme x11
It's a proposal to standardize the directory to generate themes packaged. Being developed in: http://svn.debianart.org/themes/ Example: /moreblue2red/