This is a list of annoyances with existing Debian packages.
Things which should definitely be reported in the BTS (Shouldn't this be in the BTS instead? Unless the respective maintainers read this, nothing will happen)
- Bincimap plain text authentication is not working
- Debian Installer may use incorrect geometry on a dual boot system
- Dselect removes packages not selected for removal
Things which are arguable:
- Foomatic / HPIJS has an undesirable dependency on cupsys
- GTK has an undesirable dependency with X components
- Laser Servo Devices belongs to group "disk" instead of "lsdisk"
man sh shows bash man page instead of the ash man page (this is because sh.1.gz is a slave link to the sh alternative, and bash has higher priority than other packages providing sh)
Some Debian packages require splitting (which ones? this doesn't tell us much)
- Thttpd daemon needs read permission for directories, to locate the index file. This may result in content listing via the browser.
Things which are more or less by design:
- FTP Server packages cannot co-exist on the same machine