Debexpo is a web app to help people collaborate on package review.
It is a free software web app written in Python and Django. It has an automated test suite.
The code and bug tracker are hosted on Salsa.
It is deployed at https://mentors.debian.net/ in production.
On August 11, 2011, it replaced the old, unmaintained code that used to run mentors.debian.net.
This little project works for now, but it has big dreams! You can read about them at DebianMentorsNet.
Current status: deployed
A "live" version is deployed at https://mentors.debian.net/.
- Any changes to the VCS repository is automatically tested on each VCS commit.
An API is available at https://mentors.debian.net/api
You can read the Debexpo/Deployment documentation.
Stay in touch
If you want to be involved, or hear about progress:
- Join us on IRC: #debexpo on irc.debian.org
When you join these things, say hello! We like knowing that the team is growing.
Here is a quick summary:
- 2008: Jonny Lamb creates most of the code during Summer of Code. It's not quite finished and deployed.
2009-2010: There are several attempts to finish and deploy debexpo. http://expo.debian.net/ is live, running on Asheesh's personal server. Due to a natural disaster, the server is temporarily switched offline.
April 2011: Asheesh, with the help of spang + <http://xvm.mit.edu/>, puts an instance of debexpo on the web.
August 11, 2011: We go live!
- Spring 2018: VCS moved from Alioth to Salsa
- July 2020: Python3/Django mentors rewrite goes live