see DebConf6VideoMeetings too
We'll have two talks simultainiously, we'll go for NTSC to be able to borrow stuff from locals. So we'll hae 720x480 and 360x240 (Note that it is highly unlikely we can get video gear from locals - if we dont ask in time)
Avoid repeating the mistake from last year, turn this page into an overview page fast, see DebConf5VideoVolunteerCoordination as an example...
DebConf6VideoHardware lists all we know about hardware
DebConf6VideoTimeline is our Todolist which should list all tasks.
Software we need
- see Taskjuggler
Learn from last year:
- "The use of netcat for capturing video also caused lost frames in the booth stream which would slowly throw it out of sync from the front camera video."
Video team members:
- p2-mate (audio)
- Maulkin (audio)
Get the files online faster
- we need user accounts on the machine(s)
- we need a local fileserver
- we need fast encoding servers with prepared scripts
- "if you put a file in this directory, it gets encoded in all formats and uploaded/published automatically"
- we need to have a (constant!) uplink(-share) of 300kbps (which allows us to publish 2GB per day)
- move the papers to m-a.d.n
- encode debcamp and misc to ogg