Things to keep in mind, learned from previous experience:
- Plan for at least 300, maybe 400 people.
- Try to get some accomodation where most people will be happy. It does not need to be a hotel, but it does need to have beds (and curtains :).
- In Comas, add a field "wants to be with", and "does not want to be with".
- There are a lot of Vegetarians and Vegans among the Debian community. It's important to take this into account when talking with the food guys.
- Also, it's nice to have some flexibility. I.e. allow for people to switch to vegetarian meals, if the non-vegetarians suck.
- It would be nice not to need food tickets: use a bar code reader and read the person's badge? (this is sort of geekie, but would be really nice).