Revision 1 as of 2005-05-16 18:25:38
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 41:||Line 41:|
|* Almost every international flight arrives at Mexico City's airport. Puebla is not very far from there, ~2hr by bus||* Almost every international flight arrives at Mexico City's airport. Puebla and Cuernavaca are not very far from there, ~2hr by bus|
|Line 49:||Line 49:|
|== Central Mexico map ==|
You can refer to the map further below to get more precise location information. The three main regions in which we are looking for options are:
In Morelos, most places we have found are near the Cuautla area. Other interesting places might be around Cuernavaca, maybe Tenancingo (i.e. Ixtapan)
- Beautiful area
- Very benign weather
- Complete and cheap hotels
Decent (although not great) communications infrastructure
- Quite close to Mexico City's airport (this is, 1 to 2 hours drive)
Outside some limited areas, most cities are small and not much fun - And Debconf is not just about hacking!
We'd be looking probably at Veracruz/Boca del Río in Veracruz, Acapulco in Guerrero.
- Shore, palm trees, sea. Many people want that.
- Extensive infrastructure - Large hotels, good communications infrastructure
- Good social life
- Quite far from Mexico City - Some 4hrs by bus. There are planes as well, but most international flights arrive at Mexico City's airport, and it is a non-trivial premium.
Big cities: Mexico City/Puebla/Cuernavaca
Probably Mexico, Puebla or Cuernavaca Cities.
You have everything. Big city life.
- The best infrastructure available
- Might be possible to get some university spaces, which can make things much cheaper
- Almost every international flight arrives at Mexico City's airport. Puebla and Cuernavaca are not very far from there, ~2hr by bus
- Lodging is quite expensive.
Distances are big - I'd prefer having the lodging and work areas in the same building (i.e. a hotel) to avoid losing ["DDs"] in the city
- The city is not very safe, it is easy for groups of people not knowing their way to have unpleasant incidents.