Getting around: Kochi metro
Unlimited travel passes for durations ranging from a single day (₹125) to 45 days (₹3200) are available.
- Children of height below 90cm doesn't need ticket.
- Bicycle rental available near metro stations but probably best not to count on them.
- Non-peak hours: 05:45AM-08:00AM and 09:00PM-11:00PM
Close-by places of interest
- Lulu mall, Edappally: One of the largest malls in India
- St George church, Edappally
- Mattanchery synagogue: Many souvenir shops also nearby
- Dutch palace, Mattanchery: Originally built as a gift to the King of Cochin
- Chinese fishing nets at Fort Kochi
- St. Francis Church, Fort Kochi: Portuguese explorer Vasco da Gama was originally buried here
- Indian Naval Maritime Museum, Fort Kochi
Things to do in Kochi
- Take a ferry ride in Kochi.
- Explore the famous Chinese fishing nets of Kochi.
- Visit Jew Synagogue in Jew Town
- Take a serene sunrise walk along Cherai Beach
- Enjoy local cuisines
- Discover Mattancherry Palace and St. Francis Church
- Explore fort kochi
Places to eat
- Fusion Bay, Fort Kochi
- must try: karimeen pollichath(pearl spot fish roasted in banana leaf) with appam(Fermented rice), seafood chattichoru(7 variety of seafood)
- Kashi Art Café, Fort Kochi
Pandhal Cafe & Deli, David Hall Art Cafe, Fort Kochi
- Rinoos cool bar, Fort Kochi
- Avocado milkshake
- Warehouse Cafe Fortkochi
- Lunch onwards: Appam, meat, fish
- Panampilly Nagar
- Houses a wide variety of eateries eg: Arippa,
- Kili Poyi, Panampilly Nagar
- Serves refreshing and interesting drinks.
- Dhe puttu, Edapally
- A different take on the humble kerala breakfast item, puttu(steamed rice cylinder/round, with calming ambience and welcome drinks.
- Fruit Bae, multiple branches across kochi
- Very flavourful icecreams with great mix of fruits.
Art Gallery, Museums, Architecture and so forth
- Pepper House, Fort Kochi
- Cafe, art gallery, scenic views
- Aspinwall House, Fort Kochi
- Art Gallery
- Santa Cruz Cathedral Basilica, Fort Kochi
- Kerala Kathakali Centre
- Enjoy an evening of Kathakali performance where they explain intricacies of the art form.
- Kerala Folklore Museum,
- Privately maintained housing huge collection of artifacts
- Durbar Hall Art Gallery
- Marine Drive Kochi
- Hill Palace Museum
- Subhash Bose Park, Marine Drive
- Mangalavanam Bird Sanctuary
- Museum Of Kerala History