DebConf23 Team meeting
Date: 2023-01-28 & 2023-01-29 Location: Physical meetup at Villupuram
Present (Day 1+Day 2): Sruthi, Praveen, Abhijith, Suman, Kiran, Kelvin, Abraham, Sahil, Raju, Kannan, Ranjith, Ambady, Nattie, Gunnar Wolf, Tzafrir
Focus team: Registration
- The registration may get overloaded with applications considering the population of hosting country.
- people close to India are more likely to come, also visa criteria is light, so we can expect more participants.
- Expectation: 150 outside India/150 inside India
- Need to decide,
- Way to control registration overload
- Way to filter the applications
- Ratio between non contributory participants and Debian participants to keep the conference involving.
- Suggestions to filter the participants (options may be weird, but came up in discussion, no judging)
- travel bursary is not unlimited, so it can act as a filter
- add questions to registration form
- do a pre-event training and exam
- get recommendation from communities
- get recommendation from debian members - nepotism
- salsa login has preference
- Controlling the registration overload
- pause registration if it get high volume incoming requests
- newbee registration seperate
- Participants ratio, for approx 300 participants = 150 DDs : 120-100 (debian/free-software contributors - including 40 volunteer team members) : 50-60 (total newbees)
- Spot registration will not be encouraged or publicized.
- Registration is confirmed only after accepting confirmation mail!!!
- Debian day registration - start from march 15
- Debian day - can be conducted in August.
- Need to ask inforpark about childcare facility
- Health desk planning
- FAQ!! (daypass, prepaid taxi)
- where to get sim card
- how to reach
- when the arrival is in a different city - how to plan travel (where to get travel agencies)
- skyscanner, irctc
- how to avoid placeS????
- dont take lat flight/put some buffer
- put some buffer before finding connecting domestic flight
We can announce at beginning to ask people from problematic countries to notify early so we can communicate with MEA & MHA.