DebConf23 Team meeting
- Date: 2023-01-14 Location: Jitsi Meet on 8x8
Present: Abhijith, Srud, Praveen, Kannan, Anupa Ann Joseph, Kelvin, Suman
Focus team: Website team
- wafer registration review status
- wafer pages content updation
- decide conference invitation partner (or mail them)
- announcing weekly meeting (with focus to individual teams)
- meeting poll for weekly meeting day selection
- Possibility of adding additional field for self paying participants to know who will be staying at venue four points and their room nights. This may help in getting a discount from Hotel and also will come in handy to fill in room night commitment, if we ever face such issue.
- Kannan will share list of pages that needs content updation in cryptpad directory. Relevant teams will put files for their pages in that directory. Which will be reviewed, formatted and uploaded to the website.
- A separate meeting is needed to create FAQ, it will be discussed in next meeting.
- Registration can be started at March 15th 2023 because we may need to participation data to negotiate with venue hotel.
- A specific meeting for registration can be done on 28 *29th, at MDC Villupuram.
- Charges for the accommodation of Debian team to visit venue can be requested from SPI. If there is delay, other options will be someone advancing it or collecting from FOSSUnited. Proforma invoice will be collected from Four Points to send it to SPI.
- Conference dinner is still at planning stage. Visited Bolgati Palace and Grand Hyat. Bolgati Palace is a good spot, but traffic issue is there. Looking at possibilities of arranging boat travel. Grand Hyat is expensive.
- Four Points contract needs to be signed soon.
Room distribution at venue: https://cryptpad.fr/pad/#/3/pad/edit/72c69b043d9ca890175bb782bd80e636/
- Possibility of having stalls at venue needs to be discussed with Four Points team.
Visa, Import & Export
- First priority for conference invitation partner is Infopark. Waiting for venue confirmation from their side to ask if they can invite attendees for the event.
- There is a possibility of bringing video equipment to India using temporary import agreement. This will be discussed with Shamjith by sruthi.
- Goodies; sponsors should send them 3 months before.
- Kannan will make a poll to decide weekly meeting date
- Sruthi will call CMO to continue discussions about using Athulya hall as main venue.
- Suman will contact Asianet to get their charges
- Sruthi will mail DCC about Four Points contract signing.
- Sruthi or Abhijith will talk about the internet floor planning with Four Points.
- Sruthi will create team list.
Agenda for next meeting
- Design team update
- FAQ content writing
Agenda for Villupuram MDC
- Registration planning