DebConf23 Team meeting
- Date: 2023-02-05 Location: Jitsi Meet on 8x8
Present: Abhijith, Kannan, Anupa Ann Joseph, Abraham, Ambady, Kiran, Sahilster
Focus team: Swag Team
- Working on to get quotes for the swag items to finalize budget.
- T-shirts (Four types)
- 400 for attendees
- 100 for volunteers
- 50 for video teams
- 30 for staff (will be decided by debian committee)
- Bag - shoulder bag
- Umbrella (wish list along with cap)
- Camera blinders (wish list)
- Abraham, Abhijith, Anupa and Kiran briefly shared the venue visit experience and discussions happened on those days. (Couldnt take minutes reliably, noted points are listed below)
- network can be done during debcamp
- ground floor cinnamon 1,2 - for conference talks (banquet halls)
- in kosovo - 3 talk rooms - do we need 3 talk rooms? not decided?
Since the Athulya hall from ?InfoPark is far away, it may be inconvenient for participants to move from one venue to another, especially if the event time overlaps with metro construction period in the vicinity.
We may need to negotiate the platinum sponsorship status that ?InfoPark asked.
?InfoPark mentioned they can think about helping with sending invites if required.
- Aakash (from Kerala Vision ISP) will help with wiring if he get a floorplan
- Bolgatti is better than Recca club as a conference dinner venue was the general feeling after venue visit.
- If metro water service might start before the event, we could use that to travel to Bolgatti.
- Bolgatti dont have license to give hard liquor also they don't provide hard liquor, but they can help us to get both through agents, but we will have to pay for the license and liquor.
Venue photos by gwolf: https://people.debian.org/~gwolf/DC23_Kochi/
- Local law enforcement agencies and administrative has to be communicated before event.
- Kiran will be calling Pradeep from four points to set up a meeting with their security team to plan networking in the venue.
- Shared design requirements with design team
Abraham made an issue - https://salsa.debian.org/debconf-team/public/data/dc23/-/issues/6
- Content addition has to be fast forwarded
- Registration strategy has to be finalized ASAP because it will be open next month. Further discussions can happen after finalizing it in global team-meeting on Monday (6th Feb 2023).
- Need additional meetings to update content and to finalize registration planning.
- Anupa from registration desk will help Website team to finalize the registration process design.
Shared design guidlines made using Penpot: https://design.penpot.app/#/view/e454fca8-d3da-80ae-8002-037347793abf?share-id=e454fca8-d3da-80ae-8002-03e52fc7cf4e
Thinking about a process for making guidlines that can be adopted for future ?DebConfs too.
- Need to find channels to communicate with MHA and MEA for visa application/approval process, as a backup.