When YutakaNiibe prepared his presentation https://debconf23.debconf.org/talks/8-gomti-a-collection-of-pll-based-true-rng-on-fpga/, he learned about Gomti Chakra of India.
If it is available, more people would like to purchase as an Indian souvenir to remember the conference.
Please add any information about Gomti Chakra here.
We can find the Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gomti_Chakra
- Unfortunately, it seems that it's not popular in Kerala.
- It seems that it's northern India thing.
I (YutakaNiibe) was suggested to buy it on-line (since not common in local stores).
- Tried Amazon.in, but payment failed with all credit cards of mine (issued in Japan)
- A student participant says: They are found naturally in the Gomati river, a Dwarka tributary of the Ganga river, in the Uttar Pradesh state in North India.
- At a gift shop in the hotel (3rd floor) CRAFTS: Not available. Things from Kashmir are there, though
- In Fort Kochi, we were not able to find it, although there are many other souvenir options.
In LuLu Cyber Tower 2, there is no souvenir shop, but nice food court on 8th floor. You can say "going food court on 8th floor" to the guard.
- 1947 is a restaurant where you can eat very good food, but souvenir is not available.
- A map service suggests a shop(?) named Giftery. We went there, but no shop in fact. It seemed it's a name of a company which does gift business there.
Vimal (an old friend, who invited me to FSFS conference in Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala, in 2008) got them (by online shop in India) on behalf of YutakaNiibe. Finally, YutakaNiibe managed to have Gomti Chakra.
- And one was passed to a member of the organizers of Debconf18 and another was passed to a member of Debconf24.
- But... It found that: Gomti Chakra is clockwise, while Debian logo is counter-clockwise
- TIPS to take a photo of Gomti Chakra for Debian logo: Let us use mirror image!