Live media creation in CDDs
The purpose of this page is to gather and compare what different CDDs do with respect to live CD (DVD, usb keys...) and see what could be shared in cdd-dev.
Debian Jr is using live-helper (but not cdd-dev).
The package lists are junior-pkgs, gnome-junior, kde-junior and xfce-junior that can be found in live-helper (source) lists directory.
use a script based on live-helper.
- one single task (workstation).
use a script originating from Debian Edu, based on live-helper: DebianGis/LiveImages
- several tasks, some with task and task-dev
- several tasks, some with task and task-dev (like mathematics and mathematics-dev).
- Build one live media for each task.
- Be also able to gather all the tasks in one single (large) media (DVD...)
- Gather (or not) packages of task and task-dev on the same media (depending of available space).
- Add or not suggests: packages depending on the media too (for example packages containing large sets of data might be only in suggests:)
- Other idea: define new tags in cdd-dev.
- Do we want to create version depending on the release (oldstable, stable, testing, unstable)? For example Debian Gis currently builds on