Cupt 2.2.0 supports index diffs.
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 38:||Line 38:|
| * handling of cdrom:// URIs;
* PDiffs support.
|* handling of cdrom:// URIs.|
What is it?
Cupt is a partial re-implementation of APT suite from scratch.
- to finally avoid some bugs in APT design;
- to introduce some useful features;
- to make an extensible and readable codebase;
What infrastructure does Cupt use?
It uses the same APT infrastructure, e.g. index files, deb cache archive files, configuration files. It understands some of widely used APT options.
What features has Cupt already?
- full-case strict dependency problem resolver;
- command-line and APT-like option name checker;
- case-sensitive search;
- pinning by source package name;
- pinning by package groups using shell-like patterns;
- configurable 'depends' and 'rdepends' subcommands;
- support of LZMA-compressed indexes;
- 'satisfy' subcommand;
- synchronization by source versions;
- 'shell' subcommand;
- debdelta integration.
What important features Cupt doesn't have?
- handling of cdrom:// URIs.
Can I use Cupt along with libapt-based package managers?
Yes, you can mix apt-get/apt-cache/aptitude/etc. with cupt without bad consequences.
How to feedback?
- file bugs against 'cupt' package in Debian
- join #cupt on irc.debian.org
- mail me directly
Cupt uses Git. URIs: browse, clone: git://github.com/jackyf/cupt.git.
The stable branch is 2.x (master in the Git repository). Implemented in C++0x, consists of a runtime library, download method plugins and a console front-end to them. This is the branch which will probably go to Debian Wheezy.
The HTML version of the latest tutorial may be found, apart from the binary packages, here.
Old stable branch
The 1.x branch was written in Perl. This is the branch which went to Debian Squeeze.