Valéssio and Holger proposed a relationship environment to Debian community in 2007. Many other proposals are made to approximate Debian project non-developers. Be artists, translators, event organization or individual who would like to support the project in any other way than with code.
With the new free technologies to create "Social Networks", the idea of uniting the Debian collaboration channels in a dynamic and flexible tool. Which users can put together in collaboration channels and existing discussion groups. The proposal does not change what already exists, but rather, integrate systems with a more cool and modern concept.
The social must accept external users? Yes.
- The DD profile should be differentiated? Yes, free and permissions in the environment theme, creating comunidades.
- What other services could / should be added to the social?
- Git, even if not all DD/packets use git?
The new tracker https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/meta-gnome3
- Mailling Lists
- IRC Channels
We should gameficar the environment? Type computing based on karma held packages, reported bugs and etc? Yes.
How would the Roadmap?
Technology: Noosfero. Because already packaged for Debian Stable. It is made and maintained by Debian developers and contributors.
- Define concepts and proposed configuration, basic layout (can be standard Noosfero in red tone);
Migrate Users and images (files) DebianArt.org to Noosfero;
- Launch an Alpha version in August 2015, Debian's birthday;
- Establish partnership for sustainable technology and environmental development;
- After turning a "beta" version with integrated tools for collaborative code and packaging; With support for lists; We can propose upgrade / integration Alioth in a "manual" or gradually between projects. For example, a button in the "Alioth" integration project to "Collab Debian", this button adds the project in a row the "Cron" to process the migration/sync. This will eliminate that is migrated disabled or abandoned projects.