add CipUX community
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 44:||Line 44:|
|== CipUX/RPC community: ==
* The 15 members of the Alioth team: https://alioth.debian.org/projects/cipux/
* The SVN can be viewed on the web http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/cipux/trunk/
* There is a English mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org
* CipUX meetings in the German Skolelinux Test Center in Gütersloh
CipUX is a framework for server administration. With CipUX tools you can solve the daily administration tasks easily. There are several layers of tools for users with different skills.
CipUX is made out out several parts: On the base the LDAP server is suited. On top of that the LDAP abstraction layer CipUX::?CiBot can be found. Then the CipUX::Task modul delivers daily administration task functions to different institutions: (1) The graphical CAT user interface. (2) The CipUX shell command line and (3) the RPC daemon.
CipUX/CAT (CipUX Administration Tool)
- with the graphical user interface you may perform several tasks without Linux knowledge (today CAT is a Webmin based tool, but other versions may developed effortlessly).
- with the Moodle plugins (under development from the French team) even a non experienced user can do the work of an administrator.
There are over 60 [:DebianEdu/CipUX/Tasks:CipUX shell commands:] which may be used by a semi experienced administrator. They may be used for compounding new tasks, writing macros or cron jobs.
CipUX/low level commands:
- This very powerful commands give the access to every single value of the LDAP database for skilled users, but without needing LDAP knowledge.
Other applications may also use CipUX for administration tasks, even over the network by using its [:DebianEdu/CipUX/XmlRpc:remote procedure calls].
The scope of the CipUX framework
- administrate users
- ... groups (courses)
- ... machines
- ... rooms
- ... examinations
- ... roles
- ... images
CipUX is modular: so you can use it with or without quota, with ACL or without ACL, with or without samba ...
The 15 members of the Alioth team: https://alioth.debian.org/projects/cipux/
The SVN can be viewed on the web http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/cipux/trunk/
There is a English mailing list email@example.com
- CipUX meetings in the German Skolelinux Test Center in Gütersloh