add table of contents
add link to CAT
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 14:||Line 14:|
CipUX is a framework for server administration. With CipUX tools you can solve the daily adminstration tasks easily. There are several layers of tools for users with different skills.
CipUX/CAT (CipUX Administration Tool)
- with the graphical user interface you may fullfill serveral tasks without Linux knowledge
- (today CAT is a webmin based tool, but other versions may developed effortlessly).
- with the Moodle plugins (under development from the French team) even a non experienced user
- can do the work of an administrator.
- There are over 60 CipUX shell commands wich may be used by a semi experienced administrator.
- They may be used for compounding new tasks, writing macros or cron jobs
CipUX/low level commands:
- This very powerful commands give the access to every single value of the LDAP database
- for skilled users, but without needing LDAP knowledge.
- Other applications may also use CipUX for administration tasks, even over the network
- by using its remote procedure calls.
The scope of the CipUX framework
- administrate users
- ... groups (courses)
- ... machines
- ... rooms
- ... examinations
- ... roles
- ... images
CipUX is modular: so you can use it with or without quota, with ACL or without ACL, with or without samba ...