converted to 1.6 markup
minor updates, preparing 3.4
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 7:||Line 7:|
|On top of that, the LDAP abstraction layer CipUX::LDAP can be found.||On top of that, the LDAP abstraction layer CipUX::Storage can be found.|
|Line 17:||Line 17:|
|== CipUX/CAT (CipUX Administration Tool) ==||== CipUX-CAT-Web (CipUX Administration Tool) ==|
|Line 27:||Line 27:|
|== CipUX/Shell tasks ==||== CipUX-Shell-Tasks ==|
|Line 63:||Line 63:|
| * A CipUX documentation project can be found under [[http://doc.cipux.org]] where you are welcome document and translate, or only read the docs.
* FIXME: bring doc.cipux.org up again from maintainance -- JonasSmedegaard <<DateTime(2008-02-09T13:47:31Z)>>
CipUX is a framework for server administration. With CipUX tools you can solve daily administration tasks easily. There are several layers of tools for users with different skills.
CipUX is made up of several parts: on bottom is the LDAP server. On top of that, the LDAP abstraction layer CipUX::Storage can be found. The layer for handling generic CipUX objects comes afterwards: CipUX::Object. On the top the CipUX::Task module delivers daily administration task functions to different institutions: (1) The graphical CAT user interface. (2) The CipUX shell command line, and (3) the XML-RPC daemon.
CipUX-CAT-Web (CipUX Administration Tool)
- With the graphical user interface, you may perform several tasks without Linux knowledge (today CAT is a CGI based tool for Apache, but other versions may be developed effortlessly).
- With the Moodle plug-in (under development by the French team), even an inexperienced user can do the work of an administrator. It is available for CipUX 3.2.6 and CipUX 3.2.12
There are over 242 ?CipUX command line task commands which may be used by a semi-experienced administrator. They may be used for creating new tasks, writing macros, or defining cron jobs.
- You can use cipux_task_client to access them.
CipUX/low level commands:
- These very powerful commands give access to every single value of the LDAP database for high skilled users, without needing expert LDAP knowledge.
Other applications may also use CipUX for administration tasks, even over the network, by using its remote procedure calls.
The scope of the CipUX framework
- groups (courses)
CipUX is modular, so you can use it with or without quota, with or without ACLs, with or without Samba ...
The more then 25 members of the Alioth team
Homepage at http://cipux.alioth.debian.org/
There is an English mailing list CipUX mailing list
CipUX meetings in the German Skolelinux Test Center in Gütersloh or in Berlin. Come and meet us!
- IRC Channel #CipUX at: irc.oftc.net with port 6667