|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 51:||Line 51:|
|* IRC Channel #CipUX at: irc.oftc.net woth port 6667|| * IRC Channel #CipUX at: irc.oftc.net with port 6667
* Mailing list for developers, admins and users: email@example.com [http://sympa.cipworx.org/wws/info/cipux-devel Info] [http://sympa.cipworx.org/wws/subscribe/cipux-devel Subscribe] (you can also use firstname.lastname@example.org (German) or email@example.com (English)
CipUX is a framework for server administration. With CipUX tools you can solve daily administration tasks easily. There are several layers of tools for users with different skills.
CipUX is made up of several parts: on bottom is the LDAP server. On top of that, the LDAP abstraction layer CipUX::?CiBot can be found. Then the CipUX::Task module delivers daily administration task functions to different institutions: (1) The graphical CAT user interface. (2) The CipUX shell command line, and (3) the RPC daemon.
CipUX/CAT (CipUX Administration Tool)
- With the graphical user interface, you may perform several tasks without Linux knowledge (today CAT is a Webmin based tool, but other versions may be developed effortlessly).
- With the Moodle plugins (under development by the French team), even an inexperienced user can do the work of an administrator.
There are over 140 [:DebianEdu/CipUX/Tasks:CipUX shell commands:] which may be used by a semi-experienced administrator. They may be used for creating new tasks, writing macros, or defining cron jobs.
CipUX/low level commands:
- These very powerful commands give access to every single value of the LDAP database for skilled users, without needing expert LDAP knowledge.
Other applications may also use CipUX for administration tasks, even over the network, by using its [:DebianEdu/CipUX/XmlRpc:remote procedure calls].
The scope of the CipUX framework
- groups (courses)
CipUX is modular, so you can use it with or without quota, with or without ACLs, with or without Samba ...
The 15 members of the [https://alioth.debian.org/projects/cipux/ Alioth team]
The SVN based source can be viewed on the web at [http://svn.debian.org/wsvn/cipux/trunk/ SVN]
There is an English mailing list [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org debian-edu mailing list]
CipUX meetings in the [http://wiki.skolelinux.de/TestZentrum German Skolelinux Test Center in Gütersloh.] Come and meet us!
- IRC Channel #CipUX at: irc.oftc.net with port 6667
Mailing list for developers, admins and users: email@example.com [http://sympa.cipworx.org/wws/info/cipux-devel Info] [http://sympa.cipworx.org/wws/subscribe/cipux-devel Subscribe] (you can also use firstname.lastname@example.org (German) or email@example.com (English)