[20:29:12] * C14r = Christian Kuelker 
[20:29:59] <C14r> Roland has written a mail, I tries to come, but he is on the way from Frankfurt home. So this depends on the road conditions ...
[20:30:38] * oskar64 = Xavier Oswald
[20:32:18] <C14r> From binar and k4x there is no answer (for this meeting) ...
[20:32:24] <C14r> jever?
[20:32:35] <jever> jo
[20:32:45] <C14r> ok
[20:32:48] * jever = J├╝rgen Leibner
[20:33:15] <C14r> Then I would like to discuss the next steps for CipUX for the next 2 month
[20:33:32] <jever> ok
[20:33:52] <C14r> I would like to hear your opinions about the direction, where we should go with CipUX.
[20:36:12] <jever> I think that CipUX should become usable and understandable from it's concept, because it is often missunderstood in what it is and what and how it can be used
[20:37:06] <C14r> I wait till you say "EOC" ;-)
[20:37:13] <oskar64> I think we should choose a version to make it stable and debug a lot so we will ba able to say this version is stable and whithout bug
[20:37:58] <jever> that's also my thinking too
[20:38:03] <C14r> oskar64: ok, this will leed to a feature freeze.
[20:38:07] <jever> EOC
[20:38:09] <C14r> (I agree)
[20:38:47] <C14r> jever: usable, understandable ok
[20:40:20] <C14r> So my suggestion to archive the goal is: that we do not finish the Skolelinux parts for the moment, like missing slbackup feature in CipUX, to save some time. Could that be a way?
[20:41:18] <oskar64> and I have to make the preseedable things !!
[20:41:24] <jever> ok
[20:41:56] <C14r> oskar64: yes if we have that version, I guess?
[20:42:07] <C14r> please have a look at http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/CipUX/ToDo
[20:42:43] <C14r> and tell me for the open Todo points which are marked for 3.4, the once which are not so important
[20:42:43] <oskar64> yep
[20:47:16] <C14r> so?
[20:49:02] <jever> let us mark them on wikipake?
[20:49:20] <C14r> remove 3.4 I think will do it
[20:49:21] <jever> s/wikipake/wikipage/
[20:49:38] <oskar64> Yes, I will take a look after the meeting and add it to the page made by jever
[20:49:57] <C14r> Next version will be 3.4 or 3.4.0 ?
[20:50:11] <C14r> oskar64: shouldn't we discuss that?
[20:50:12] <oskar64> 3.4.0
[20:50:36] <C14r> ok, then jever you can mark this from "3.4" to "3.4.2"
[20:50:42] <oskar64> C14r: we will take time to make it good,and we can start a thread on the list about that
[20:50:50] <C14r> oskar64: ok
[20:51:07] <C14r> Good Idea!
[20:51:09] <jever> ack
[20:52:40] <C14r> For jever and othes how would like to know what CipUX is, jever can write a Page what CipUX can (will do in 3.2.0) and what not?
[20:53:07] <C14r> well we will all write the page after Mail discussion?
[20:54:35] <oskar64> yep good
[20:54:42] <C14r> jever: ?
[20:54:44] <jever> C14r: I don't know what CipUX can do exactly :(
[20:54:58] <C14r> It would help if you write what it can
[20:55:08] <C14r> We will add the rest ;-)
[20:55:34] <C14r> And if you make a mistake, we will correct it, since it is a wiki!
[20:55:36] <jever> I hope I know
[20:55:52] <C14r> ok
[20:56:50] <C14r> oskar64: will you start the thread: 3.4.0?
[20:57:22] <C14r> There is something to do with CAT.
[20:57:39] <C14r> And that seems do be work I have to do, because binar is busy.
[20:57:52] <C14r> oskar64: has Perl on his Todo list ;-)
[20:57:54] <oskar64> C14r: I will start it just after the meeting
[20:58:09] <oskar64> C14r: Im learning regular expression right now .. ;)
[20:58:11] <C14r> oskar64: Ok fine, I will answer it this eveneing ...
[20:58:25] <C14r> oskar64: Why starting with complicated things?
[20:59:03] <oskar64> C14r: Im writting right now a new vim langage support patch, so I need regular expression, it's quite the same for perl ;)
[20:59:20] <C14r> yes!
[20:59:37] <C14r> Tomorrow is debian-edu meeting?
[20:59:43] <oskar64> I think so
[21:00:01] <C14r> oskar64: I would be very important to be there for you!
[21:00:18] <C14r> I am on a RL moodle meeting tomorrow.
[21:01:12] <oskar64> oh nice
[21:01:41] <C14r> you know we had the Idea to make more connections beween moodle and CipUX.
[21:02:24] <C14r> But this might be a toppic for 3.4.2 or later
[21:03:48] <oskar64> yes, I think it would be nice.. so moodle people could be interested in cipux too
[21:04:56] <C14r> yes I think so.
[21:05:53] <C14r> Next toppic is that I am planning to relaunch the www.cipux.org pages.
[21:06:08] <C14r> Anny comments, suggestions?
[21:08:03] <jever> mmh, aren't that wikipages now?
[21:08:16] <C14r> Oh yes, I ment http://www.cipux.de/
[21:08:23] <C14r> sorry
[21:08:30] <C14r> The Wiki pages are ok.
[21:09:03] <C14r> The server brokes the "Umlauts" :/
[21:09:13] <C14r> And this pages are not very useful.
[21:09:45] <C14r> I think this pages should give the answer to jever's questions, but they do not at the moment.
[21:09:55] <jever> haven't seen them before
[21:12:21] <C14r> This are mostly a fast rewrite of the pages from 2002
[21:12:28] <C14r> oskar64: (sorry in German)
[21:14:05] <oskar64> np
[21:14:06] <C14r> jever: oskar64 what are you suggest for "jever I think that CipUX should become usable and understandable from it's concept" releate to a relaunch of such site?
[21:16:30] <jever> <-- thinks that a good and informational homepage of a product is needed and such a site should do
[21:19:00] <C14r> jever: yes if the content is ok ...
[21:19:17] <oskar64> think so
[21:19:57] <C14r> jever: This was my try to solve "your" problem, but I did not succeed, since you didn't know the page :-/ But also I think this page is outdated ...
[21:20:26] <C14r> "you" problem is our problem and the problem of the user!
[21:20:39] <C14r> (but you mentioned it today as the first)
[21:22:02] <jever> may be I couldn't say exact enough what I mean in the past
[21:22:49] <C14r> well but CipUX should become understandable ...
[21:23:37] <jever> but for the most people, a flat ascii file describing cipux and a deb package which does what the flat file says would do ;-)
[21:24:05] <C14r> I would ask, if it make sense to do this on a good designed page?
[21:24:17] <C14r> yes for debian developers this will do.
[21:25:17] <jever> The marketing of cipux was gone ahead but cipux can't follow as fast as it should
[21:25:37] <C14r> well no
[21:25:58] <C14r> 2.x (rpm version) did all this
[21:26:09] <C14r> but 3.x has a problem with debian
[21:26:27] <jever> That's what I'm talking about
[21:26:30] <C14r> this delays the work for over a year.
[21:28:04] <C14r> so 3.x has less feature then 3.x at the moment just because of debian policy.
[21:28:34] <C14r> But anyway, if we have 3.4.0 and we tested it and it is stable, we can think about read this features or do it even better then before.
[21:28:45] <C14r> read=readd
[21:29:04] <jever> and debian developers are hard to find which are not gambling around and wasting time in reinventing the wheel, so it is a great luck to have someone like oskar64
[21:29:59] <C14r> In any case we are lucky to have oskar64 :)
[21:31:02] <C14r> jever: do you have a next toppic?
[21:31:06] <jever> but, thinking about moodle, it get's me ill :(
[21:31:15] <C14r> jever: why?
[21:32:05] <jever> moodle is like a peace of concrete pile at our leg
[21:32:20] <oskar64> ehh thanks !! ;)
[21:32:53] <C14r> should we continue this discussion as meeting or just so?
[21:33:07] <C14r> oskar64: you are awake, great ;-)
[21:33:18] <jever> oskar64: it's your honour, don't shame, you are right to earn it
[21:34:07] <C14r> jever: moodle -v
[21:35:03] <C14r> We talked 1h so I think we should close the officel part of the meeting?
[21:35:16] <jever> moodle developer hasn't ever realy wanted to do something to be with cipux
[21:35:19] <C14r> oskar64: jever ?
[21:35:39] <C14r> jever: may be.
[21:35:52] <C14r> jever: but that is not so important for the moment.
[21:36:20] <jever> ok
[21:37:02] <C14r> jever: can you answer my question?
[21:37:29] <jever> close please
[21:37:33] <C14r> oskar64: ?
[21:39:44] <oskar64> C14r: We will discuss next steps in details on the list, so everybody could gice us opinions but we have the main way now ..
[21:40:29] <C14r> oskar64: I think a concrete discussion about features for 3.4.0 is better.
[21:40:57] <C14r> oskar64: so we clsoe the offical part of the meeting? (4th try)
[21:42:48] <C14r> jever: it seems hard for hin to say "yes" ...
[21:44:45] <C14r> ok we close this now, no aswer is also an answer ...