Summary Meeting 2007-03-28
Next Meeting 2007-04-09 20:00h CET
- jever = Juergen Leibner
- C14r = Christian Kuelker
- binar = Benedikt Wildenhain
- rft = Roland Teichert
- k4x = Kurt Gramlich (via audio relay by me)
Start Time: 20:08 CET (UTC-2h)
End Time: 21:47 CET (UTC-2h)
1. Topic: CAT Demo Server
Status Demo Server Documentation:
- a working demo server now available: SVN Revison 872
- real machine, which is not automatic updated
- demo server should not made public, only for documentation team.
Public Demo Server:
- For a public Demo server on internet, we need a automatic system
- k4x offers one machine from the German Test Center
- Jever is leading the team, starting 2007-04-04
- C14r joins the team
- k4x joins the team
2. Topic: 2. Topic: locale system (i18n/i10n): translations
- possible to extract translation strings, but that mechanism is weak at the moment.
- Makefiles are not finished
- for translation, we take the default theme
- we should correct the English by:
- k4x: Stephan
- jever: known Person
- Translators are:
- German: C14r for testing
- Hebrew: kaplan
- French: Xavier
- binar ask a Slovakian.
- The translation is about 170 strings (at the moment, probably less)
- binar points out that: we have to decide whether we use British or American English
3. Topic: cipux-commits
We have a commits list: email@example.com
- SVN commits, build logs, ...
- jever will add the build logs
4. Topic: misc
- some questions
this questions are VERY important, the should be answerd in ?CatWalk
1) module tutoradmin: list member doesn't work
=> will be fixed
=> rft will add that point to http://wiki.debian.org/CipUX/ToDo
2) I have no idea what you mean with the green point that change the colour to red - named Linux - in module useradmin
=> red point -> you can not login via a terminal server or workstation, green point -> you can
3) what means: "login" here?
=> login from a client
=> or per shell, ssh, su, ...
=> not samba
4) will the tutor has the right to click on it or only the admin?
=> if the role "tutor" is assigned to the CAT module "useradmin" he can use every function in "useradmin"
5) in create new student, there is a template directory pop-up with a lot of different possibilities. I don't understand the idea behind this.
=> Short answer: These are customizable kind of customizable /etc/skel-dirs, which you can choose from
=> "template directory" = Vorlagen Verzeichnis
=> Long answer: A "skel" is a directory. The skel directory is used to copy data in a just created user directory. The policy under CipUX is that: every user become the skel of his role. That means every student becomes the data of the directory "students", when the user is created. This happen to every user, regardless if it is a teacher or a student, ...
The choice list is a second skel.
History: The choice list is also called "2nd Forbach Skel" (it is a French solution) The french skel has a pre-configured desktop
If you have an unimportant file, lets say "README.new_student". And you want to be sure that every new student will have this file when he joins the school. Then you copy this file in the directory "students" and every new created student will become a copy. You can do that (README.new_teacher) also whith teachers, but then you must use the directory "teachers".
This copy happened anyway!
If you choose a object from the drop down list, that this is a second copy folder.
A student will have the role student and the template directory students. So why a second?
If you have a department for students lets say biology and chemistry you can create that skel with skeladmin.
And then you have the choise to copy also README.chemistry for a new student of chemestry, of course he will also get README.new_student, because his role is student.
Because basically every role has its skel and if you do not want to copy you use noskel.
6) so, this skels are only pre-configured ones
7) what is the different between creating a new student and a new teacher?
=> first: the role (but that had no influence if not wished) => second: the student has a secondary skel while creation
Topic 5: Next Meeting
2007-04-09 20:00h CET