Debian Cinnamon Team
Alioth Project: http://alioth.debian.org/projects/pkg-cinnamon
Team mailing list: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The goal of the team is to provide high quality packages of the Cinnamon desktop environment for Debian.
- The cinnamon packages are currently waiting in the new queue to enter into experimental. So to test the packages you'll need to build them from the git repositories.
Team TODO list
- Some of the debian/copyright files need to be converted to a proper copyright 1.0 format, and need to list all the copyright holders.
- Test the packages in experimental, fix remaining issues.
- cinnamon-screensaver eats a lot of gpu, I've seen this behavior in kde-screensaver, the problem might be in X or in mesa.
The cinnamon translations need to be obtained from launchpad https://translations.launchpad.net, how should we package this?
- One of the upstream repositories (nemo-extensions) include 12 different projects that are currently not packaged.
- It would be better if we could work together with the gnome team, and reduce some of the duplicated efforts (cinnamon-screensaver vs gnome-screensaver, cjs vs gjs, etc).
- Reduce duplicated efforts with the linuxmint developers (push patches upstream, and try to keep best practices synced)
Update Maintainer in the packages to Debian Cinnamon Team <email@example.com> (mfv)
Move the /git/collab-maint/cinnamon/*.git repositories to /git/pkg-cinnamon in git.debian.org. (maxy)