See the announcement:
- Location: Mozilla, 16bis boulevard Montmartre, 75009 Paris, France
- Start: 2017-05-13, 10:00
- End: 2017-05-14, 19:00
Code of Conduct
Attending this event requires reading and respecting our Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of level of experience, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other similar personal characteristic. Our code of conduct sets the standards in terms of behaviour for the whole event, including communication (public and private) before, while and after.
If you feel you have been or are being harassed or made uncomfortable by an attendee, please contact any member of the ?Moderation Team immediately. Whether you are an experienced contributor or a newcomer, we care about making this event a safe space for you.
Please consider bringing:
- a computer and its power adapter
- a power bar
- Orga team mailing list:
- Private mailing list to deal with registrations and sponsorship requests:
- That's also where people send the registration email
- protocol: XMPP (Jabber)
- use TLS/SSL to connect
Making the space safe
- ACTION: jvoisin prints the CoC in both languages and brings it 1st thing on May 13
- Moderation team
- We have 4 volunteers already, and agreed on a list of 4 more people we would like to see on this team too.
- DONE: 4 more agreed
- TBD: contact info (We'll let the moderation team self-organize whatever contact info they want to provide.)
- ACTION: intrigeri announces all this at least once a day
- We have access to the Mozilla space for a small number of organizers (3-4 people) on Friday night, to set things up
- ACTION: Geb investigates how door and bell will be managed
TBD: Organize shifts so we always have one trusted person downstairs with a digital key to deal with the downstairs<->upstairs movement.
- ACTION: Isydir gives Mozilla the list of attendees we've accepted.
- TBD: Check that we don't forget anything that's on:
We want to provide a lunch on both days. It shall be vegan to simplify handling diverse diet. The attendees table has a column for other diet desires and needs.
- ACTION: intrigeri ensures jcristau confirms the catering [WIP: waiting]
- ACTION: intrigeri coordinates with taka and olasd wrt. food sponsorship [WIP: waiting for an answer]
5 (already accepted) + 2 (Hypra) = 7 accommodation requests. So we need 7 - X solidarity hosting offers = N rented beds
- ACTION: jvoisin and spriver ask accepted local attendees if they can host other attendees.
- ACTION: jvoisin and spriver match hosting requests with offers
- Managing travel + accommodation sponsorship requests
- selection criteria = a mix of being part of an under-represented/dominated group; travel cost (because sometimes it's better to bring 2 people rather than 1); relevance to Debian (e.g. specific skills, or highly motivated); how much sponsorship helps attending / is needed
- Debian France will act as the "Debian Trusted Organization" and will handle reimbursements
receive and store requests
- manage reimbursements
Optimizing for a broader public
(i.e. not only Debian developers)
Reach out to, and properly welcome, people who can contribute to the quality assurance effort, with their pre-existing skills, in other ways than fixing bugs and uploading packages.
Make it real once we're there
There will be people committing to host a station, i.e. holding some physical space dedicated to people with a given set of skills, and making it welcoming and productive.
- ACTION: intrigeri discusses with Hypra how the focus on accessibility technologies/usecases can be organized [WIP]
- TBD: document the skills needed to attend each station and display this information at front desk
- bug triaging: read and write enough English, install a Debian package
- graphics and design: TBD
- testing: TBD
- ACTION: isydor and jonathan ensure we make a decision wrt. skill sharing / OpenPGP during the mid-April meeting, to the latest.
- ACTION: jvoisin is the go-to person for people who need someone to accompany them etc. (e.g. blind people); he relays to us whatever he can't handle alone, and we'll organize shifts or something.
- ACTION: jvoisin notify Hypra about this fact
The deadline for registering is now over.
Thanks for your interest but we already received more registrations than the number we can host and will have to refuse some.
Deadline for registering = end of March ⇒ reply wrt. sponsorship and available room by April 7.
See the registration form.
Twitter, retweetted by @Tails_live
Reports and evaluation
Please add links to reports, blog posts, photos etc about the BSP here:
- TBD: prepare questionnaire to gather info about the attendees and feedback from them.