- When, where?
- Code of Conduct
- Useful links
- Reports and evaluation
See the announcement:
- Location: Mozilla, 16bis boulevard Montmartre, 75009 Paris, France
- Start: 2017-05-13, 10:00
- End: 2017-05-14, 19:00
Code of Conduct
Attending this event requires reading and respecting our Code of Conduct.
We are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for all, regardless of level of experience, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other similar personal characteristic. Our code of conduct sets the standards in terms of behaviour for the whole event, including communication (public and private) before, while and after.
If you feel you have been or are being harassed or made uncomfortable by an attendee, please contact any member of the ?Moderation Team immediately. Whether you are an experienced contributor or a newcomer, we care about making this event a safe space for you.
Please consider bringing:
- a computer and its power adapter
- a power bar
- any friend who wants to contribute (they need to register too)
- Orga team mailing list:
- Private mailing list to deal with registrations and sponsorship requests:
- That's also where people send the registration email
- protocol: XMPP (Jabber)
- use TLS/SSL to connect
Making the space safe
- TBD: print CoC
- Moderation team
- TBD: members
- TBD: contact info
- ACTION: intrigeri announces all this at least once a day
- ACTION: intrigeri asks access to the Mozilla space for orga team + helpers on Friday night, to set things up [WIP: waiting for answer]
- ACTION: Geb investigates how door and bell will be managed
- TBD: Check that we don't forget anything that's on:
We want to provide a lunch on both days. It shall be vegan to simplify handling diverse diet. The attendees table has a column for other diet desires and needs.
- ACTION: intrigeri asks jcristau a quote from Mozilla's usual caterer, making it clear that we want vegan [WIP]
- ACTION: intrigeri coordinates with taka and olasd wrt. food sponsorship [WIP]
- TBD: match hosting requests with offers
- ACTION: intrigeri coordinates with olasd to try to find other sponsors, e.g. for food [WIP]
- Managing travel + accommodation sponsorship requests
- selection criteria = a mix of being part of an under-represented/dominated group; travel cost (because sometimes it's better to bring 2 people rather than 1); relevance to Debian (e.g. specific skills, or highly motivated); how much sponsorship helps attending / is needed
- ACTION: intrigeri lets a Debian Trusted Organization (Debian France?) know that there will be lots of requests
- receive and store requests, and at some point make a call
- manage reimbursements
Optimizing for a broader public
(i.e. not only Debian developers)
Reach out to, and properly welcome, people who can contribute to the quality assurance effort, with their pre-existing skills, in other ways than fixing bugs and uploading packages.
ACTION: geb ask http://www.signotheque.arboresign.org/ for advices etc
- TBD: discuss this again once we have more info from potential attendees and from geb; random ideas:
- update the announcement if we can propose signing language translation
- Ask the association/translators company when can we confirm/cancel whether we need translators?
- "ask the DPL if we're free to reallocate part of the Debian sponsorship to translation into sign language, if needed?"
Make it real once we're there
There will be people committing to host a station, i.e. holding some physical space dedicated to people with a given set of skills, and making it welcoming and productive.
- ACTION: intrigeri discusses with Hypra how the focus on accessibility technologies/usecases can be organized [WIP]
- TBD: document the skills needed to attend each station and display this information at front desk
- bug triaging: read and write enough English, install a Debian package
- graphics and design: TBD
- testing: TBD
Deadline for registering = March 30 ⇒ reply wrt. sponsorship and available room by April 7.
ACTION: Geb will coordinate communication & publicity
ACTION: we start announcing the event on March 4-5, using a pad that's meant to list people & websites we want to send the announcement to. It's kept private as it contains social network information some of us prefer not to disclose publicly.
Please link to mails, blog posts, tweets or other promotion done for the event.
- ACTION: intrigeri updates this section once we've sent the announcement
TBD: Debian Project News
Reports and evaluation
Please add links to reports, blog posts, photos etc about the BSP here:
- TBD: prepare questionnaire to gather info about the attendees and feedback from them.