Modified for Xorg, XFree86 separated
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 23:||Line 23:|
|== questions ==
* is there an overview which can be linked to from here?
* is there something on how to test if it is working, resp. troubleshooting?
How do I configure X to use ATI 3D accelerated graphics
These notes are for an ["Xorg"] based ["xserver"]. To install the ATI Radeon drivers on an ["XFree86"] installation, see ["ATIHowToXFree86"].
ATI Radeon cards 8500,9000,9200 and 9250 work with Open Source drivers and support ["OpenGL"] 3D Graphics.
To configure X to use accelerated 3d drivers, the configuration file /etc/X11/xorg.conf should be edited as follows:
- Section "Device"
- Identifier "ATI 3D" Driver "ati"
?EndSection Section "Screen"
- Device "ATI 3D"
Install the required libraries
It is necessary to install driver libraries, in order for the 3D capabilities of the card to be utilized:
- apt-get install libgl1-mesa-dri
- is there an overview which can be linked to from here?
- is there something on how to test if it is working, resp. troubleshooting?
["ATIHowToXFree86"] Configuring XFree86 to use ATI 3D accelerated graphics
["ATIProprietary"] Installing the closed source proprietary driver