aptitude is a ["Ncurses"] terminal-based apt ["frontend"] with a number of useful features, including:
- a mutt-like syntax for matching packages in a flexible manner,
- dselect-like persistence of user actions,
- the ability to retrieve and display the Debian changelog of most packages, and extreme flexibility and customization.
aptitude is also Y2K-compliant, non-fattening, naturally cleansing, and housebroken.
- Type aptitude in a ["terminal"]
After running it, utilize:
- F10 to access to the menu and use aptitude. This is the main key.
- ? for help