This page provides a rough overview of accounting and business software packaged on Debian.
Many of the packages now offer some form of ERP/CRM features beyond basic accounting requirements.
There are also several plain text accounting tools.
- no database required
- No longer available as a package due to complexity of support
- Full SQL backend (PostgreSQL)
- Commercial support available
- generic sales tax support
- flexible enough to support all major VAT/GST, sales tax and tariff systems
- US focus (e.g. uses the word "check" instead of "cheque", uses letter size paper by default)
- If you just need fairly simple accounts for group holidays or clubs, then misery is very handy.
- Arbitrary currencies (e.g. including 'campsite nights' or 'beers')
- HTML output for people to review
- Text input
- Good for sorting restaurant bistromatics with automatic error distribution
- No gui - just process to html output
- Much better than writing yet another spreadsheet
- Understands that bank accounts have opposite 'sign' to people for simple accounts.