The 3D-Printer Packaging Team
3DPPT takes care of packages related to 3D-printing. It is an open team and everyone interested in its activities can join it. This wiki page sums up some information about team policy, the status of packages we work on and more. Useful links:
If you are looking for informations on *using* 3D printers in Debian, see 3DPrinting
Programs that are, or should be packaged by the team.
cura (including CuraEngine, python-power and libpolyclipping)
- octoprint (ITP - #718591)
Related programs that are packaged by others, but may be handled by the team in the future, should its current maintainers want a break:
The team manages the packaging work with git-buildpackage, repos are stored on alioth.debian.org. The layout is as follow:
moszumanska:/git/3dprinter/packages/<package>.git: repo for the team-maintained packages (one repo per package).
- moszumanska:/git/3dprinter/3dprinter.git: repo for the whole project, used for tools, webpages, etc.
The repos can be browsed at https://alioth.debian.org/plugins/scmgit/cgi-bin/gitweb.cgi?a=project_list;pf=3dprinter
To push your work to the team repo, create a directory on moszumanska and then add a remote:
git remote add origin ssh://<username>@git.debian.org/git/3dprinter/packages/<package>.git
Please refer to 3D-printer/gbp for more info about packaging with git-buildpackage.
We are using the following rules for our packages:
- We use debhelper.
- We use dh in debian/rules, to keep it short and clean.
debian/rules clean removes or restores ALL generated files. (The only exception being debian/po/templates.pot, which has to be generated at the end of clean to make life easier for translators.)
Everything should be built from source. (In particular, packages using autotools should use dh --with dh_autoreconf).
- We allow no lintian errors at all, and no lintian warnings where reasonably possible.
- Watch files are always present and up to date.
- We use DEP-5 copyright files on all packages.
- We write verbose changelogs which follow the "where, what, why" rule.