An in person meeting of interested developers to discuss the future of Debian package management.
- discuss proposals for new features
- determine goals for lenny
- develop consensus around dpkg behaviors
- share knowledge in order to have more dpkg experts
- review and fix bugs
- do some development
triggers - Ian Jackson's proposal
- filters - at 13:10
- classes - at 16:16
- metadata - at 21:44
- the future of dselect
- metadata type change proposals - proposal coming soon
install-info transition - recent thread
p2p transport ideas - DebTorrent
other ideas - dpkg TODO
If you plan to attend, please add your name and where you are travelling from
- Matt Taggart, Seattle
- Guillem Jover, Helsinki
- Marius Vollmer, Helsinki (because we use apt/dpkg in maemo (maemo.org) and I want to suck in some knowledge)
- Frank Lichtenheld, Frankfurt (Germany)
- Simon Richter, Munich/Germany
- Anthony Towns, Brisbane Australia (debtorrent, ftpmaster stuff)
If you don't plan to attend but have been contacted at some moment, please add your name below
- Christian Perrier (only handling dpkg l10n which is "minor" with regards of the meeting goals. Anyway Nicolas François can represent the i18n crowd very well)
- Not yet determined, hopefully some time around Aug-Nov 2007
- Several attendees have indicated a preference for weekends, to limit the effect on their weekday jobs.
- Length of meeting not yet determined, maybe 4 days? Hold a opening dinner the day people arrive, meet for 3 full days, and then have a summary the morning after that.
- Andreas Schuldei (Debian's meeting coordinator) has proposed that we use meeting space provided by Extremadura.
- A lot (most?) of the attendees are in Europe, some place that works well for them might be best.
- Adding on to linux.conf.au 2008 (28 Jan-2 Feb; Melbourne, Australia) could be possible