- when: December 17th - 19th
where: sektor5, Vienna, Austria
GerfriedFuchs - local (own sleeping place), main contact person, Friday morning to Sunday afternoon - except Saturday morning
DavidPrévot - will have his own sleeping bag and just need a tiny bit of floor to put it, from Thursday night (19:25 at the airport) to Sunday noon (15:35 at the airport).
KåreThorOlsen - will book a hotel room or similar. Travel plans (by train): Arrival on the 17th at 09:04, leaving on the 19th at 19:48.
MartinZobelHelas - travel plans: Arrival at 18th at around 09:00, leaving plane at 19th at 17:35. Hotel Hadrigan
KalleSoderman - looking for hotel/hostel. Travel plans: Arrival in Vienna midday 17th (flying to Bratislava so a bit unsure about exact time), leaving 19th at 21:20
- (add yourself with sleeping facility requirements/wishes, expected time for being around)
This are topics that are potential candidates for the sprint. Please note that they are currently considered preliminary and partly braindumps, it is not guaranteed that every topic will make it into the final agenda.
- working on finalizing the patches for the switches of the various sites (like for all languages of the www proposal)
- deciding on the links for the top navbar and the bottom of the various sites
- create a list of outdated/dead areas of the website and decide how re-organize them
- create a list of needed tasks ranked by difficulty (so it could be simpler for team members to contribute according to their skill levels)
- discussion about possibilities to migrate away from CVS - it is said that it discourages contributions. At least a document about the reasons to stick with it should be created that can be handed around in case people wonder.
- create a list of core/main pages of the website that need rework/redesign and decide how re-organize them (ex. homepage, download, doc, join)
find a efficient and solid workflow for publishing Debian Security Advisories (i18n security-tracker ?, XML, YAML ?, see http://lists.debian.org/debian-security/2009/08/msg00061.html), more integrated to the real archive status
- (add your own items you might see useful to discuss in the round)
Here are instructions for how to get from the airport to the venue:
Take the train from the airport to the city. Do not use the CAT. It's only expensive but not really faster, take the regular train. Buy a single ticket there (€1,80) and a 48 hour ticket for vienna (€10,-). If they don't sell the 48 hour tickets at the airport, buy it in vienna later, it might though be that you are required to buy a ticket for two zone (€3,60) in that case.
- Leave the train at the station "Landstraße/Wien Mitte".
- At this station you should buy your 48 hour ticket if this wasn't possible at the airport. The 48 hour ticket allows you to use any public transports in vienna for as often as you like, it's considered the cheapest option unless you want to walk a lot, and it's pretty snowy right now.
- From Wien Mitte board the subway U4 (green). The subways in vienna are color coded so that you easily know on which you are. You need the direction "Hütteldorf" and drive it to the station "Pilgramgasse" which is a 4 station trip.
From the station it's best to walk by foot, it's not complicated: Walking from Pilgramgasse to Sektor5. There would also be a bus that can drive you two stations (14A) if you feel lazy or the weather is working against you.
Keep the sektor5 sign in mind that you see on their website, Siebenbrunnengasse 44 is a small yard into the back that you have to walk in. Inside you have the entrance on the righthand side also labeled with their logo, go upstairs to the first floor and you are there!
- You will enter in the kitchen section, the conference room is all the way around to the other end of their place. Just state that you are related to Debian and they will hopefully guide you there.
(pointers to communication about the sprint)
announcement: announce on email@example.com
the sprint has been possible thanks to: