Improve the overall quality of all Debian packages.
- This goal is completed (or perhaps, this is actually a permanent aim, rather than a goal)
- However, should there be any specific goals that are requested, these can be considered.
- Packages are built on the buildds, not all of the real build failures (which cannot be fixed by rebuilding in a clean (fixed) environment) are reported as RC bugs.
- From time to time the whole archive is rebuilt.
Installability issues show up on debcheck (http://qa.debian.org/debcheck.php)
Upgrade and removal checks are done on piuparts (http://piuparts.debian.org)
- From time to time double build is tried: building again after the previous build is finished.
Lintian errors (http://lintian.debian.org) are considered to be used to reject at package upload time
No uninstallable packages, according to their dependencies, are shipped as part of a stable release (http://edos.debian.net/uninstallable.php)
No packages with (detectable) mutual file overwrite errors are shipped as part of a stable release (http://edos.debian.net/file-overwrites/)
How to help
File bugs where needed. Contact the QA Team (qa.debian.org) or debian-devel when in doubt.
Help fixing the outstanding bugs
- Help running the checks and following up.
- Search for false positives and false negatives regarding lintian errors.