- gnucash-docs (for the help menu).
This section describes the actions needed to translate the manual.
First, you must have the gnucash-doc package installed:
1) Create a new directory (if it doesn't already exist) in guide/<locale>
where <locale> is something like es, en_GB, or pt_PT.
2) Copy the files from guide/C into this directory. 3) Recreate the image files in guide/C/figures so that they are
appropriate to the locale.
4) Edit all the xml files and translate for the locale.
5) Test that your xml file has no syntax errors
xmllint --valid --noout gnucash-guide.xml
To translate the help files, repeat steps 2-5 but replace the "guide" directory with "help".