Meeting Date: 2009-12-03 at 15:00 UTC
Package Lifecycle (proposing new packages, removing/orphaning old or obsolete packages, etc). -- ReinhardTartler
CIA IRC Bot (already done -- thanks ceros! )
- Should we close down debian-multimedia alioth project and l.d.o list to avoid confusing people and complete consolidation?
- Who are our DDs/DMs with upload rights and moving more of us toward that status to spread the load.
- Running a beginner's how-to session to aid new members in learning the ropes (via IRC)
- (insert further topics)
- schedule next meeting (edrz suggests leaving this as last item)
======================================================== 1st #debian-multimedia Meeting on Thursday, 03 Dec 2009 ======================================================== Meeting started by siretart` at 15:02:19 UTC. The full logs are available at http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-multimedia/2009/debian-multimedia.2009-12-03-15.02.log.html . Meeting summary --------------- * introduction round (siretart`, 15:03:32) * the present team members introduced themselves * sponsoring and spreading the load among DDs (siretart`, 15:12:56) * A backlog of packages to be uploaded was pointed out by siretart` and confirmed by free. * It was pointed out that our wiki pages generally could need some rework. Pages like: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/DevelopPackaging indeed have much useful information, but could generally need some cleanups. * ACTION: edrz agrees to update wiki with stuff agreed in this meeting. (edrz, 15:20:26) * It was proposed to create checklist with recommendations on how to make potential sponsor their lives easier: http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/Sponsoring * ACTION: DDs will list their packaging tool preference on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/Sponsoring (edrz, 15:32:33) * improving packaging guidelines (siretart`, 15:26:06) * bdrung asked if we should recommend dpkg source format 3.0 (quilt). The general consensus was that there was no immediate need for it but not all helper tools like git-buildpackage properly cope with it. * the team agreed to mandate DEP-3 headers in patches * ACTION: siretart` fsateler agree to update DevelopPackaging on wiki 0K . (edrz, 15:39:13) * Package lifecycle and scope of the team (siretart`, 15:27:07) * siretart asked "under which situations do we want to consider orphaning or removing the package from the team and/or Debian". Lool proposed to test the interest in a package among team members in order to find out if a package is "acceptable" for the team. * siretart then suggested to use the uploaders field of debian/control for documenting interest. The first person listed there should be the regular uploader, followed by names of team members supporting the package. No real objection was raised. * There is no strict enforcement on this, though it was agreed to start a discussion on the list as needed. * edrz notes that a team member is a person with an Alioth account who has been added to pkg-multimedia-maintainers team (edrz, 15:45:53) * Next meeting * edrz setup a new doodle poll for the next meeting. It will happen early to mid of January. Please vote your preference: http://www.doodle.com/ak6vpsx65zswnetg * topics postponed to next meeting: debimedia, pulseaudio, mentoring sessions. (edrz, 15:55:43) Meeting ended at 16:01:23 UTC. Action Items ------------ * edrz agrees to update wiki with stuff agreed in this meeting. * DDs will list their packaging tool preference on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/Sponsoring * siretart` fsateler agree to update DevelopPackaging on wiki Action Items, by person ----------------------- * edrz * edrz agrees to update wiki with stuff agreed in this meeting. * fsateler * siretart` fsateler agree to update DevelopPackaging on wiki * siretart` * siretart` fsateler agree to update DevelopPackaging on wiki * **UNASSIGNED** * DDs will list their packaging tool preference on http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMultimedia/Sponsoring People Present (lines said) --------------------------- * siretart` (111) * lool (66) * edrz (46) * free (45) * bdrung (27) * fsateler (26) * helmut (18) * adi (7) * MeetBot (2) * LucidFox (2)