Instructions for using the installer are on the home page.
Sid images are on a mirror near you, for instance: http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/installer-m68k/
Please test the daily builds.
daily cds are in development.
DebianInstaller/Today lists known issues with the dailies.
Check here for m68k-specific issues.
daily cds need testing.
- Installing from the daily cdroms is close to working. Needs Testing.
- Figure out where the amiga icons went to.
- debian-ports for sid.
- set cdrom kernel args for etch-m68k and sid, respectively.
installing etch-m68k: use suite=etch-m68k and modules=etch-support as kernel command args.
- etch-m68k: security updates will fail because etch-m68k doesn't have any.
atari disk label support in parted: patch submitted (bts 239816), work around in the daily builds of the debian-installer as follows:
Choose Execute a shell from the main menu (or switch to a vt) after the network has been configured.
wget the parted udebs
udpkg -i those udebs
exit from shell and return to the installer
aranym double faults when an nfblock enabled kernel tries to run udev. This blows up d-i with 2.6.25/26 stock debian kernels. Using an old kernel works but of course causes other problems.
aranym has video problems when using a Ramdisk and FastRAM > 64MB.
- Use a stock 2.6.26 debian kernel, which has an experimental patch to fix this.
Images after 20080509 have this problem and need FastRAM = 48, which invokes low memory mode.
- aranym seems to have ~ and | swapped in the d-i shell, but not after a regular install.
- amiga needs an uncompressed kernel?
libblkid.so.1 is missing in the daily debian installer it makes mkfs.ext3 fail when formatting the filesystem. A workaround is to manual run "anna-install libblkid1-udeb" to allow the installation to continue. 497619
Old Issues (Need to be verified)
- bogl errors on amiga need fixing in the kernel (meanwhile use fb=false).
amiga keymaps have a kernel patch integrated into 2.6.15-6. Initial kernel testing shows promise -- untested in d-i. If keymap selection fails, you can choose to keep the kernel keymaps.
incorrect serial console detection (needs better fix) 269077 (verify for etch, may be fixed)
- hd-media vs hfs (directories w/ spaces)
- why copy debs to /var when using hd-media/cdrom?
- skip validating debs?
- partman needs some progress bars.
- graphical installer
Installing Extra Stuff
- atari-bootstrap goes into /target because it is listed as required.
- atari-fdisk goes into /target because it is important.
- support emile in the installer.
vmelilo bts 250578
- package amigalilo (cts seems to have a package on gluck)
- package lxboot for q40
- vme: rawrite2.exe on cd? (ftp.root/debian/tools/rawrite2.zip)
- vme: license for bvmbug-G.bin and bvmbug.txt?
http://www.debian.org/ports/m68k/ needs work
- installation manual needs work
atari/aranym can be used to test the whole installer.
- amiga/UAE can test amiboot (to a point).