What's up in DebianGis?
[ Please contribute with your notes about DebianGis stuff, for drafting the regular half-year report ]
- Qgis 1.4.0 is in unstable (after nearly two years)
- Spatialite 2.3.0 in
- Grass 6.4.0rc4 entered testing
- Gdal 1.6.1 in experimental (-2 good for python)
- Dans-gdal-scripts in
- The long march to new HDF4/5 has become.
- Changed proj4 package structure (-3 good, -2 bad).
- Spatialite 2.3-pre uploaded
- Out-of-main gdal-ecw plugin ready along with libecw package (to be concerted with debian.gfoss.it).
- New interesting stuff: dans-gdal-scripts, thanks Dan for its immediate release update to 0.14.
- New poll in qgis-dev list about qgis libraries status.
- Development restarted after Lenny release. Some core package are finding their way to testing and future Squeeze. Still doubts about Qgis status.
- Gdal 1.5.4 in testing, ready for Lenny backports, just waiting the Grass plugin.
- Gdal 1.6.0 in experimental.
- Grass 6.4.0rc3 in sid.
- Proj updated to 4.6.1 with some non trivial fixes. A backport would be nice too.
Very tiny activity in the latest months due to long freezing time for lenny Almost all development happens within the svn repository.
- Qgis is still out-of-main but in decent shape on svn repo.
- Gdal 1.5.3 and 1.6.0 is available on svn repo.
- Grass has been branched on svn repo to follow 6.4.
Cameron Shorter contributed with an UbuntuGis version of the package thermometer and revamped
UbuntuGis efforts. That could result in new contributions back to Debian too.
- Solved a bad issue with GDAL, now all major packages are in shape for freezing.
Qgis is out of lenny
Paraview has been packaged by Debian-Science team and will be part of lenny
- HDF4 is now in much better shape.
- GMT is up-to-date.
- Quite intensive activity to fix major issues with gdal, mapserver and postgis.
- Qgis is out of main, probably not in Lenny. Helpers are (possibly) working on that.
- Frozen major upgrades for HDF libraries. AFAIK recent major releases are still not sufficiently tested with the heavy weights packages.
- Ossim stuff uploaded onto svn repo, still far from being releasable, but it appears having some shape.
- New upstream versions of gmt and gpsdrive uploaded. Both them are in NEW queue.
- Current grass and qgis still missing in lenny due to independent causes (sparc/arm buildd failures)
- Issued first report
- New packages entered main:
- New package entered non-free:
- Current packages on bpo:
- gdal 1.4.2
- grass 6.2.1
- ogdi 3.2.0~beta1-3
- proj 4.5.0-2
- Mainstream packages now available in sid/lenny:
- gdal 1.4.2
- grass 6.2.2
- mapserver 4.10.3 (5.0 on svn)
- qgis 0.8.1
A new branch for grass 6.3 from CVS has been added to DebianGis svn repository. It will be updated from time to time using 6.3 snapshots.
Live CD image with the GIS tools available in Debian is created based on the draft tasksel task.
ogdi-dfsg and gdal 1.4.1 accepted in backports.org. Main up-to-date DebianGis packages can now enter straight on the Etch backports archive. DebianGis thermometer script changed to include backports archive status from now on.
- grass 6.2.2 in sid (upstream released on 16th)
- An updated mainstream toolchain is available for both etch and lenny with all greatest hits:
- gdal 1.4.1 (with KML and OGDI suppport!)
- grass 6.2.1 (6.2.2rc1 available)
- qgis 0.8.0 (0.8.1 in preparation)
- mapserver 4.10.1
- thuban 1.2.0
- New packages entered the archive:
Packages now under the DebianGis maintainance umbrella:
DebianGis wiki moved to the official Debian wiki.
- ECW library has gone. Ermapper changed previous license in an EULA, so packaging is no more possible.