This page should probably be merged with DebianEdu/HowTo/BugReports.
Bugs should be filed against the Debian BTS when appropriate, to minimize the coordination needed to resolve.
Some Debian maintainers love feedback, even from external derived use of their packages. Others want only to deal strictly with Debian.
- Use Debian BTS for packages in Debian maintained by debian-edu
- Use Debian BTS for packages in Debian used as-is in Skolelinux
- Use Debian BTS for packages in Debian rebuild in Skolelinux, if the
- Debian package maintainer welcomes such bug reports.
- Use Skolelinux BTS for packages in Debian but rebuild for Skolelinux
- if the package maintainer is not explicitly interested in them
- Use Skolelinux BTS for packages only in Skolelinux.
When reporting bugs on Debian BTS, that are relevant for Skolelinux, it's a good idea to tag them with our Skolelinux usertag That makes them much easier to track. You can tag a bug with our usertag by sending a email to firstname.lastname@example.org with contents like this
user email@example.com usertag 123456 + debian-edu thanks
You can tag multiple bugs in each email by just adding usertag lines.
You can also usertag bugs when you create them, by adding headers like this:
User: firstname.lastname@example.org Usertags: debian-edu
German Version is here http://www.skolelinux.de/wiki/BugReporting
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/BugReports provides more info and should probably be merged with this page
http://wiki.debian.org/DebianEdu/HowTo/BugPriority+Severity provides more info how we treat bug.