Structure Theme Package
Proposal and specification to build a debian-package for all the theme stuff for easy installation via apt.
This idea is being built since 2008, was designed by artists who love debian, do not know which package a theme.
In 2010, we are again facilitate discussion about the contributions of artists to the debian project. Makes it easy to customize the desktop.
Paul Wise proposal multiple themes for wheezy (next release Debian).
- Easy installation and customization of new themes
- Unique adaptations to different environmental ( netbook, work, desktop, studio, edu... )
- Collection of local themes and other release ( theme-buzz, theme-lenny, theme-squeeze, theme-brdesktop, theme-debianedu... )
- Be easy for new artists to contribute.
Name of theme packages
I wrote an initial proposal in this style:
meta-pkg: theme-<name theme>_<release>_all.deb
packages: <app>-theme-<name theme>_<release>_all.deb  suggest by Sune Vuorela.
Example: theme-spacefun_1.0_all.deb support:
- base-theme-spacefun_1.0_all.deb - backgrounds, styles, confs...
- gdm-theme-spacefun_1.0_all.deb - package to gdm theme
- kdm-theme-spacefun_1.0_all.deb - packge to kdm theme
- usplash-theme-spacefun_1.0_all.deb - uspash theme
- cursor-theme-spacefun_1.0_all.deb - cursors theme x11
It's a proposal to standardize the directory to generate themes packaged. Being developed in: http://svn.debianart.org/themes/ Example: /moreblue2red/